Are you looking for a rewarding career in the food service industry? UPMC is currently recruiting for a Food Service Attendant position in Everett, PA.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide excellent customer service and support to patients, visitors, and staff at UPMC facilities. If you are a team player with a passion for food and customer service, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Assures the necessary food and service equipment and utensils are secured for the assigned area prior to meal service.
- Adheres to department procedures regarding the operation of all food service equipment.
- May also perform the following job responsibilities based on Facility/Department requirements: Inventories and stocks bulk supplies, following established procedures and designated timeframes.
- Patient Service Specific Responsibility: Serves patient meal tray using the designated department script, to include proper patient identification.Bus tables and sanitize tables and chairs.Deliver meals to residents’ rooms when requested.
- Set tables for the following meal according to the Food Service Guidelines Manual.
- Assembles and serves meals according to diet orders, menus and patient / guest specific requirements.
- Maintains food safety and quality as mandated by PA Department of Health/Allegheny County Health Department/PA Department of Welfare (where applicable)
- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with customers.
- Performs sanitation for assigned work area in accordance with departmental procedures and health department guidelines.
Q: What are the education qualifications needed to apply for this job?
A: A high school diploma or GED, or currently enrolled in a high school program, or one year of previous job experience is required.
Q: Are there age requirements for this job?
A: A work permit is required if the applicant is under 18 years old.
Q: Is language proficiency a requirement for this job?
A: Language proficiency is not mentioned as a requirement in the job description.
Q: What experience is needed for this job?
A: One year of previous job experience is required in lieu of a high school diploma or GED.
Q: What is the location of this job?
A: The location of this job is the Bedford Cafeteria.
Q: What benefits and perks are offered for this job?
A: The job description does not mention any specific benefits or perks offered for this job.
Conclusion: If you are looking for an opportunity to work in the food service industry and have a passion for providing excellent customer service, then this Food Service Attendant position at the Bedford Cafeteria may be a great fit for you. With a focus on food safety and quality, this role offers the chance to work with a team and contribute to the delivery of nutritionally-appropriate and attractive meals.
With a schedule that includes daylight hours and a rotating schedule, this job offers flexibility and the opportunity to learn and grow in your career. If you meet the education and experience requirements, we encourage you to apply for this position and join the team at the Bedford Cafeteria.