Website Crane Elementary School District 13
Looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students? Consider joining the Crane Elementary School District 13 team as a substitute classroom support general education employee in Yuma, AZ.
Help fill in for teachers when they are absent and contribute to the success of the school community. Apply now to join our team!
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists students while attending special area classes (P.E., music, art, etc.).
- Under the supervision of a teacher, works one-on-one or with small groups of students to guide them through academic lessons.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality of all student information.
- Performs playground and/or lunch duty, or crosswalk duty as assigned by the site administrator or teacher.
- Participates in any assigned training.
- Performs other assigned duties as required by supervisor.
Q: What is the main role of an assistant in this job?
A: The main role of an assistant in this job is to assist the teacher in implementing goals and objectives, and to work closely with one or a few students on a regular basis to provide them with the academic and emotional support they need to gain the full benefit from instruction.
Q: What are the minimum qualifications for this position?
A: The minimum qualifications for this position include a high school diploma or GED, and the physical ability to perform the assigned duties. Previous experience working with students is preferred but not necessary.
Q: What skills are required for this position?
A: Some skills that are required for this position include the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and knowledge of the district and department policies and procedures, as well as relevant local, state, and federal laws, ordinances, codes, and rules.
Q: What is the physical demand and work environment for this position?
A: The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and staff.
Q: What is the compensation range for this position?
A: The compensation range for this position is Range 11.
Conclusion: This is a great opportunity for individuals who are interested in working with students and helping them succeed academically and emotionally. If you meet the minimum qualifications and have the necessary skills, we encourage you to apply for this position.