Website Southwest Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Lafayette, Check out this Customer Service Agent Job vacancy in Lafayette from Southwest Airlines Careers.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to lift and/ or move items up to 70 pounds on a regular basis and repetitively lift and/or move weights of 40 to 50 pounds onto raised surfaces
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, and stand on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements to work on international flights.
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work on international flights.
- Ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet the demands of the job.
- Able to read documents, follow instructions, and learn and understand ticketing procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public, and work under stressful situations.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the Customer Service Agent training program with an 80% or greater average and an evaluation period.
- Must be able to perform all job functions within a limited space.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone, face to face, and on public address systems.
- Must possess good written and oral skills.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Ground Operations Employee Handbook and Labor Agreement.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally or via radio equipment.
What You Have to do as a Customer Service Agent
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Responsible for providing legendary Customer service to people desiring to travel, use cargo or baggage service by attending to their needs
- Handles any aspect of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized point-of-sale system, boarding, baggage service, reservations, and resolving related complaints and problems
- Deals with mishandled Customers as a result of oversells delayed or canceled flights, lost, delayed, or damaged luggage. Resolves such problems quickly and within guidelines established by the Company
- Provides current and accurate fare, schedule, reservations, and flight arrival/departure information and answers all general inquiries from Customers and other visitors to the airport terminal
- Completes forms and reports as required by the company
- Writes irregularity and complaint reports as required
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Station Manager
- Responsibilities include greeting and handling Customers in a polite and friendly manner. Handles cash, checks, credit cards, travel vouchers, and coupons as forms of payment for tickets. Computes charges, makes changes,s, and balances daily transactions. Is responsible for overage or shortage
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed in this description.
- Checks in baggage and Cargo. Answers telephone to provide information to callers, page customers, resolve problems or complaints and assist as needed. Handles transactions required to board the aircraft in a timely and efficient manner
- Duties may vary due to the size and organization of the station
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.