Website Southwest Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Columbus, Check out this Customer Service Agent Job vacancy in Columbus.
Provides legendary Customer service by handling ticketing, baggage check-in, baggage claims, reservations, information inquiries, and resolving complaints and problems.
- A high school diploma or equivalency is required.
- College coursework or degree would be an asset.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, and stand on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work on international flights.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public, and work under stressful situations.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must possess good written and oral skills.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet the demands of the job.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Ground Operations Employee Handbook and Labor Agreement.
- Must be able to perform all job functions within a limited space.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone, face to face, and on public address systems.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally or via radio equipment.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Customer Service Agent
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Checks in baggage and Cargo. Answers telephone to provide information to callers, page customers, resolve problems or complaints and assist as needed. Handles transactions required to board the aircraft in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsibilities include greeting and handling Customers in a polite and friendly manner. Handles cash, checks, credit cards, travel vouchers, and coupons as forms of payment for tickets. Computes charges, makes changes,s, and balances daily transactions. Is responsible for overage or shortage
- Provides current and accurate fare, schedule, reservations, and flight arrival/departure information and answers all general inquiries from Customers and other visitors to the airport terminal
- Duties may vary due to the size and organization of the station
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.