If You are Looking for Jobs in Long Island City, Check out this Software Engineer Job vacancy in Long Island City. The Software Engineer does complex design, development, testing, and documentation effort of enterprise applications and services, mainly with the JAVA technology stack.
This role involves significant collaboration with stakeholders, driving technical architecture and implementation. The Software Engineer defines practices and supports other Software Engineers, both onshore and offshore to develop and maintain innovative, scalable applications which provide value to the business.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Software Engineer
- Build software components that integrate with a workflow engine and/or ESB to execute asynchronous business processes
- Partner with other IT Managers to ensure alignment and drive efficiencies and ensure continued accountability for product and services delivery within assigned business units and across IT
- Provide direct oversight of delivery teams for applicable portfolio initiatives
- Develop code as per guidance from architecture decisions; support other engineers; Collaborate with stakeholders to define specifications and delivery project timelines; Perform code reviews to insure high-quality and consistent coding practices
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security, and regulatory requirements
Who Can Apply For This Position
- An excellent understanding of multi-threading & concurrency in java is required.
- Experience with all tasks in the development cycle such as business process definition, configuration, and unit testing, assistance and follow-up with user testing, coordination of transports, production, training, post-live support and fixes, etc.
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Experience with RESTful, JSON, XML, SOAP web service
- Familiarity with backend architectures, Microservices patterns, Object-oriented design patterns, and Messaging architecture
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 35%)
Job Details Company Name : jetblue Location : Long Island City, NY, US Job Type : Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.jetblue.com.