Website United Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Chicago, Check out this Senior Staff Accountant Job vacancy in Chicago. There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another.
It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Senior Staff Accountant
- Monthly account reconciliation and journal entry responsibilities include derivative instruments, frequent flyer valuation, employee benefits compensation, and subsidiary consolidation
- Preparation and filing of various government and other regulatory agency reports (e.g., DOT Form 41)
- Assist in the preparation of relevant SEC 10-Q/K footnotes and related disclosures
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements and preparation of quarterly and annual SEC disclosures on forms 10-Q, 10-K
- Accounting for derivatives, frequent flyers, stock compensation, investments, employee benefits, intercompany eliminations, and other areas
- Preparation of monthly variance analyses and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Adhoc projects (e.g., Impairment analysis of intangible assets, employee benefit plans financial statements, account reconciliations review, etc.)
- Debt covenants compliance analysis (e.g., FCCR calculation)
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Ability to maintain adequate controls in compliance with United’s related internal control environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle competing priorities and work within deadlines
- Ability to resolve assigned issues and improve processes
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Job Details Company Name : United Airlines Location : Chicago,IL,US Job Type : Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.united.com.