Website Maniilaq Association
Are you looking for a rewarding career opportunity in Kotzebue, AK? Maniilaq Association is currently seeking a Residential Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will assist with the daily operations of our residential facilities and provide support to residents.
If you are passionate about helping others and have a dedication to improving the lives of those in your community, this could be the perfect fit for you. Apply now to join the Maniilaq Association team and make a positive impact in Kotzebue, AK.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides direct client care in a normalized living environment, assuring residents’ growth, safety, and health, based upon a least restrictive’ individual-centered model.
- Provides individualized skills training to residents in the areas of ADLs (cooking, cleaning, personal hygiene, proper dressing; etc.), budgeting, and culturally relevant socialization and recreational activities.
- Participates in the design, currency, and ongoing implementation of individualized service plans for all residents, maximizing the use of community resources.
- Arranges for and transport individuals to required medical, dental, vision, and other therapeutic appointments, as well as on shopping trips and to recreational activities, including those taken out of the area.
- Assures the availability, proper dispensing, and necessary charting of client medication.
- Assures that the residents’ personal expense accounts are accurate and up-to-date.
- Completes all required documentation, and helps maintain the home’s physical plant, transportation, communication equipment, and provision of house supplies.
- Complies with SDS Program Standards, state residential licensing requirements, and Medicaid Waiver requirements.
- Maintains the required State licensing continuing education hours annually.
- Maintains the ability to be flexible with scheduling coverage for given shifts.
What are the educational qualifications needed to apply?
For the Residential Assistant I position, a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
For the Residential Assistant II position, a certification of State of Alaska Basic Care Coordination training is required, in addition to a minimum of 3 years of work experience as a Residential Assistant I.
For the Residential Assistant III position, 5 years of work experience as a Residential Assistant is required.
Is language proficiency a requirement for this job?
Language proficiency is not specifically mentioned as a requirement for this job.
What experience is needed for this position?
For the Residential Assistant I position, no specific experience is required. However, the desire to work with people with developmental disabilities is preferred.
For the Residential Assistant II position, a minimum of 3 years of work experience as a Residential Assistant I is required, in addition to a certification of State of Alaska Basic Care Coordination training.
For the Residential Assistant III position, a minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Residential Assistant is required.
Conclusion: If you are passionate about working with people with developmental disabilities and have the required education and experience, this Residential Assistant position could be a great opportunity for you.
The job offers the chance to make a positive impact on the lives of clients and to work in a supportive environment. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a team that is dedicated to helping individuals reach their full potential.