Website United Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in New Orleans, Check out this Ramp Service Employee Job vacancy in New Orleans. Have you ever wanted to get up close to an Airbus or Boeing airplane? Are you an outdoors type who enjoys all kinds of weather? Do you like physical work that keeps you fit? You’re a great candidate for a role as a part-time Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler for United Airlines.
As part of our baggage handling team, you’ll be in constant motion as you take on many assignments like loading and unloading aircraft cargo, moving baggage to and from terminals, and receiving and dispatching aircraft. It’s a varied job that can be fun, tiring, rewarding, and exhilarating, all at once.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Ramp Service Employee
- Safety is your number one priority, and you are always paying attention to details and to your surroundings
- You’ll be working planeside and outside in all kinds of weather and temperatures (we have fun treats like hot chocolate and popsicles when it’s really extreme!)
- From time to time, overtime may be required to help us serve our customers
- You’ll use United technology to track bags and get your assignments.
- You and your coworkers work together to get it done, protect each other’s safety and have a good time
- Physical activity is a critical component of this operation. You will be walking and standing most of the day and lifting and transporting many items per flight – in some cases items weighing as much as 70 lbs.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Physical ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift, as well as lift and handle baggage
- A valid state-issued driver’s license with an acceptable driving record; must be able to operate automotive and other ramp equipment
- Must NOT have lived outside of the United States in the past 5 years for any period longer than six months, excluding military duty or government-approved exceptions
- Ability to pass a background check, physical abilities test, hearing, and vision tests, and drug screen
- Eligibility to obtain necessary credentials and clearances (FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs, and U.S. Postal)
- Must be able to meet the Company attendance standards and uniform and appearance standards
Job Details Company Name : United Airlines Location : New Orleans, LA, USA Job Type : Full-Time