Website Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
Looking for a part-time job in Puyallup, WA? Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores is currently recruiting team members. Learn more about the job opportunity and how to apply in this blog post.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model to meet the customer’s needs
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers’ project needs and escorts them to the desired product’s location
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register, and sales floor
- Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to detail
- Required to enter and exit the truck bed to remove freight. Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company procedures. Lifts boxes from the truck and receiving area, and place and arrange items on shelves and racks. Move product from delivery truck to sales floor as needed.
- Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any spills/messes with a sense of urgency
- May occasionally cut fabric for customers or process customer transactions at the cash register
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events
- Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, active selling techniques, suggesting services, and building strong customer relationships with the JOANN brand
- Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory management
- Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team exceeds expectations set by Store Management
- Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects in a friendly and professional manner
- Assists with training new Team Members on running the register, cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer service
Q: What are the educational qualifications needed to apply for this job?
A: The minimum education qualification needed to apply for this job is a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Q: What experience is needed for this job?
A: While the job description states that 1+ years of experience in a customer-centric environment is preferred, it is not necessarily a requirement.
Conclusion: If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for customer service and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, this may be the perfect job for you.
The ability to stand for an entire shift and continuously walk around the store, as well as lift and arrange items on shelves, is necessary for this role. If you meet the minimum educational qualifications and have excellent communication skills, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join the team at JOANN.