Website Food Lion
Looking for a job in Summerville, SC? Food Lion is hiring PT Food Lion To Go Associates! Join our team and be a part of a company that values diversity, inclusivity, and community involvement. We offer competitive wages and flexible scheduling. Apply now to become a PT Food Lion To Go Associate.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
• Smiles, greets each customer, uses name whenever possible and provides prompt, accurate, and friendly service while engaging customers to create a positive shopping experience
• Exhibit behaviors that align with Food Lion’s guiding principles, core values, vision, and strategy
• Ability to shop multiple customer orders using the designated tools and equipment
• Recognize or differentiate between all types of produce carried in the store, including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuce, etc.)
• Substitute items when requested
• Scan, bag, and label the purchase efficiently and accurately, while following established company policy and procedure
• Verify all customer IDs presented and observe store policies pertaining to the sale of alcoholic beverages
• Assist customers picking up orders
• Complete Accountability Form from end to end process
• Is courteous and helpful to other associates
• Wears the Food Lion uniform with apron, complete with name badge, when on duty, has a neat and clean appearance while adhering to the Food Lion dress code
• Controls store’s expenses through proper use of store supplies such as receipt tape, bags and cleaning supplies
• Adheres to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices
• Observes and corrects all unsafe conditions that could cause associate or customer accidents
• Notify QA of any cleaning issues or maintenance required for To-Go area and equipment
• Successfully complete Computer Based Training (CBT) and Training Aid courses
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
Q: What are the qualifications for this position?
A: The qualifications for this position include a high school diploma or equivalent, good interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills, a desire to work in a team environment, the ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job, and the ability to meet minimum age requirements (if applicable) to perform specific job functions.
Q: What are the physical requirements for this position?
A: The physical requirements for this position include the ability to use computers and other communication systems, the ability to perform repetitive hand and arm motions, the ability to bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs. continuously, 25 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. on occasion, the ability to pull or push up to 75 lbs. on occasion.
The ability to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers, and household cleaners, the ability to stand 100% of the time, and frequently walk short distances.
The ability to reach and grasp at waist level, occasionally above shoulder or below waist level, the ability to meet established volume activity standards for the position, the ability to tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time, including inclement weather, and sufficient visual ability to check ID cards.
Conclusion: If you are looking for a fast-paced and rewarding career in customer service and retail, consider applying for this exciting opportunity at Food Lion. With a strong emphasis on teamwork, personal development, and customer satisfaction, Food Lion is a great place to grow your career. Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking for a new opportunity to make a difference, this position as a Customer Service Associate offers the chance to be a part of a dynamic and supportive team.