Website University of Pennsylvania Health System
Looking for a career in healthcare? The University of Pennsylvania Health System is currently recruiting in Philadelphia, PA at Penn Medicine PA Hospital. Find out more about current job openings and how to apply.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates genuine care for the patient, e.g., active listening and responding, gentle approach to providing care, knock then identify yourself before entering a patient’s space, providing timely information to patients in a caring manner; ensure an individualized approach to care to include cultural sensitivities, anticipate patent needs based on dialogue and observation
- Active participation in daily RN/Patient Care Tech handoffs and unit huddles
- Communicate with patients to ascertain feelings or need for assistance or social and emotional support.
- Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients’ needs.
- Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, standing, walking, or exercising. Assist patients in their independence (when appropriate), preserving the patient’s dignity while providing care.
- Timely notification and escalation of data or clinical data/information
- Gather information from caregivers, nurses, or physicians about the patient’s conditions, treatment plans, or appropriate activities.
- Collecting and recording vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
- Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Demonstrates flexibility/change in assignments based on patient acuity and unit needs
- Demonstrate safe patient handling skills, proper hand hygiene
- Demonstrates support of quality and safety measures in the work environment, e.g., demonstrated support of the unit’s Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) goals
- Ensure actions and behaviors demonstrate their support in creating a positive, caring, and healing patient environment
- Consistently focus on improving the patient experience
Q: What are the educational qualifications needed to apply for this job?
A: It is not specified in the job description what education qualifications are required for this position.
Q: What is the location of this job?
A: This job is located at the Penn Medicine PA Hospital Psych Unit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Conclusion: If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and contribute to the field of medicine, consider applying for the Patient Care Tech position at Penn Medicine PA Hospital Psych Unit.
As an employee at this leading academic medical center, you will have the chance to work with top professionals and be a part of a team dedicated to providing the highest level of care to patients. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join a compassionate and innovative team at Penn Medicine.