Website Legacy Prep
Looking for a part-time substitute teaching opportunity in Birmingham, AL? Look no further than Legacy Prep! Our school is dedicated to providing a top-quality education to our students and we are always in need of talented and passionate educators to join our team.
If you are interested in making a positive impact in the lives of young learners, apply to be a substitute teacher at Legacy Prep today.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow lesson plans provided by the regular Teacher to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for scholars
- Manage the classroom effectively to encourage scholar participation, minimize distractions and maintain a positive learning environment
- Adapt teaching methods to fit the needs of each individual scholar
- Supervise scholars in and out of the classroom, including in the halls, in the cafeteria, etc.
- Provide in-class and at-home assignments based on the available lesson plan
- Work collaboratively with your school team
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Help develop a school-wide culture that best fits the needs of our students, teachers, and families
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and communicate openly with staff
- Develop positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive and calm learning environment
- Model and uphold the school’s values, student management policies, and culture
What are the educational qualifications needed to apply?
A High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required. A minimum of two years of college credits is highly preferred.
What experience is needed for this position?
Two years of teaching experience is preferred, and experience working in an educationally and/or economically disadvantaged community is highly preferred.
Where is this job located?
This job is located in Birmingham, Alabama.
Conclusion: Legacy Prep is a unique and rewarding opportunity for substitute teachers who are looking to make a difference in the lives of historically underserved youth in Birmingham, Alabama. If you are a highly qualified and experienced educator with a passion for creating a positive and consistent learning environment, this job may be the perfect fit for you.
At Legacy Prep, you will have the support and resources you need to grow and succeed as a professional, and you will be part of a community of game-changing educators working towards a common goal. Consider applying for this opportunity to join the team at Legacy Prep and make a lasting impact on the next generation.