Website Polk State College
Looking for a part-time opportunity at Polk State College in Winter Haven, FL? Consider applying for the Program Assistant position within the TRIO department.
This role is responsible for providing administrative and technical support to the TRIO team, including managing data and assisting with outreach efforts. If you have strong organizational skills and a desire to make a difference in the lives of students, this may be the perfect fit for you. Apply today and join the team at Polk State College!
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists the Director, Manager, and/or Coordinator in activities related to College, departmental, and project office operations.
- Prepares financial and programmatic reports as required and maintains computer and paper file records in accordance with College and funding agency requirements.
- Prepares personnel forms, travel authorizations, and other related standard operating procedure forms, and enters disbursement requests, budget transfers, and purchase requisitions in GENESIS.
- Enters and maintains required participant information in secure external databases as required by the funding agency.
- Organizes and implements a variety of administrative operational matters.
- Maintains records, including working budget and draft reports, as required.
- Supports meetings of external stakeholders and the Advisory Council through meeting coordination, room and telephony reservations, and preparation of meeting minutes.
Q: What are the educational qualifications needed to apply for this position?
A: The required education for this position is graduation from a standard high school or equivalent. Preferred education is an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Q: What experience is needed to apply for this position?
A: A minimum of 2 years of related work experience in an administrative or clerical support role is required. Additional related experience is preferred.
Q: What are the benefits and perks of this job?
A: The benefits and perks offered for this position include employer-paid medical, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation (except for faculty), holiday and sick leave, retirement (if eligible), and college fee waivers. Employee-paid, voluntary benefits such as vision and short-term disability are also available.
Conclusion: This part-time Program Assistant position at Polk State offers a unique opportunity to work in a culturally diverse, collaborative, and creative work environment. With the support to grow professionally and be recognized for your contributions, this could be an excellent opportunity for those with good organizational skills, attention to detail, and general office skills.
The position also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance, as well as retirement and college fee waivers. If you meet the required education and experience qualifications and are interested in working in a supportive and dynamic environment, consider applying for this position at Polk State.