Website Columbia University
Looking for a new opportunity in the field of outreach work? Consider joining the team at Columbia University in New York, NY. Our recruitment team is searching for dedicated professionals to help us make a positive impact in the community. Learn more about our current openings and how to apply today.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct all research activities in accordance with the study protocol, standard operating procedures, and other appropriate institutional regulations, procedures, and policies, including procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of study participants. -5%
- Outreach to relevant community partners through educational and collaborative activities and attendance at community and stakeholder functions. -5%
- Outreach to engage, educate, recruit, and retain study participants in the community and non-traditional settings (street outreach, outpatient centers, walk-in clinic, and other venues). – 40%
- Conduct study-related outreach over the telephone, via email, and through social media platforms. -15%
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with potential and enrolled participants, visitors, and other employees. – 5%
- Work flexible hours (evenings, nights & weekends), as needed. – 5%
- Maintain professional behavior in non-traditional work settings (public venues, informal gatherings, outdoor events, etc.). – 5%
- Work independently, exercise initiative, and use discretion when handling confidential information. -5%
- Contribute to study team outreach and retention strategies. -2.5%
- Regularly provide updates on the progress of recruitment to the research team at weekly staff meetings to ensure appropriate and timely enrollments, quickly identify difficulties, and implement corrective measures. -2.5%
- Deliver study-related presentations to community partners in coordination with the Community Educator and Senior Recruiter. – 2.5%
- Attend study-specific and other study-related training and meetings as requested by the site leadership. – 2.5%
- Perform other duties as assigned. – 5%
Q: What are the educational qualifications needed to apply for this job?
A: The minimum education qualification needed to apply for this job is a high school diploma or equivalent.
Q: Is language proficiency a requirement for this job?
A: Language proficiency is not specifically mentioned as a requirement in this job description. However, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, so it may be helpful to have proficiency in the language(s) spoken by the target community for this job.
Q: What experience is needed for this job?
A: The minimum experience required for this job is at least 6 months of relevant experience. Preferred qualifications include 2 years of community-based outreach experience and experience working with diverse communities including LGBTQ, Black, and Latino populations. Previous experience in community-based research and community organizing or issue campaign organizing is also preferred.
Conclusion: This job offers the opportunity to work in community-based research and outreach, and to engage with diverse communities. The job requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, and the ability to maintain professional boundaries in diverse public settings.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and have a passion for community-based work, consider applying for this job.