Website Duke University
Are you interested in joining the team at Duke University in Durham, NC? Check out our latest job opening for a Member Services Assistant. This is a great opportunity to work at a prestigious university and be a part of the team that helps support the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
If you have excellent customer service skills and are looking for a new challenge, we encourage you to apply for this position today.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete Membership imports with each updated list provided. This includes groups such as Live for Life, MBA Student Groups, MOBA/MTC Groups, etc.
- Compile information to create, edit and send the monthly Member Email.
- Assist in hiring, training, onboarding, and evaluating part-time staff.
- Assist in creating and building the monthly staff quizzes.
- Assist and lead the tabling and outreach events with campus partners.
- Responsible for updating and tracking the promotional items inventory.
- Run monthly facility access reports.
- Assist in creating tabling events for membership renewals and member appreciation week.
- Assist in the management of the Employee of the Month program.
- Guest Services Attendant
- Serves as the first link to the centers and is responsible for greeting members and guests upon arrival as well as acknowledging their departure.
- Check members, guests, and visitors in/out of the facilities.
- Monitors the flow of traffic into and out of the facility.
- Ensures IDs are current and valid to access the facilities.
- Be readily available to answer member questions and/or refer to the appropriate staff.
- Follows procedures to register guests and visitors.
- Keeps sign-in book at front desks for guests/visitors and waivers updated.
- Arrange and maintain the Lost & Found cabinet in an orderly and organized manner.
- Reviews the Daily Room Schedule for reservations.
- Completes all necessary forms.
- Check out loan equipment and ensures equipment is returned and does not leave the facility.
What are the educational qualifications needed to apply?
Work requires the ability to provide recreational assistance generally equivalent to a partial high school education.
Where is the location of this job?
This job is located at Duke University.
Conclusion: If you are interested in working in a recreational environment and have strong communication and customer service skills, this job at Duke University may be a great opportunity for you.
The job offers the chance to work in a variety of roles within the recreation center and the opportunity to train new hire employees. With a focus on collaboration, innovation, and belonging, Duke University is a great place to work and grow as an individual. Don’t miss out on this opportunity and consider applying for this job today.