Website Alaska Airlines
The Legal Specialist focuses on highly confidential, sensitive administrative and project-based work across the legal department at Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air. As an individual contributor this role focuses on supporting both in-house and outside counsel on a variety of issues and projects, including litigation and arbitration, immigration, compliance, and office administration support. If You are Looking for Jobs in Seattle, Check out this Legal Specialist Job vacancy in Seattle.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Legal Specialist
- Solves a range of highly confidential, sensitive administrative problems and project-based work across the legal department requiring the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
- Liaises between outside counsel and Human Resources to obtain U.S. work credentials for non-immigrant workers or prospective foreign national employees.
- Maintains company settlement agreements by partnering directly with HR, Payroll, and Accounts Payable to get settlement checks requested and delivered, ensuring settlement terms are finalized.
- Supports lawyers and paralegals in adversarial proceedings, including scheduling interviews and depositions, participating in e-discovery initiatives, and other duties as assigned.
- Assists in-house and outside legal counsel with litigation and labor arbitrations (e.g., scheduling, maintaining files, completing status reports, tracking, supporting paralegals, and other arbitration preparation work as needed).
- Determines an effective approach to calendar/schedule management for the Managing Director and assigned in-house lawyers, using discretion to prioritize key items and manage scheduling conflicts with internal customers, senior executives, and outside counsel.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Bachelor’s degree, or 2 years of experience in administrative work, legal or related area in lieu of this degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Outlook (email and calendaring).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18
- Strong discernment skills and the ability to exercise discretion with confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all organizational levels, particularly with senior leadership.
- Ability to manage and prioritize workflow, multi-task, meet deadlines, and coordinate projects and work requirements with minimal oversight.
- Ability to remain calm and resourceful in stressful, last-minute situations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with an accurate and detail-oriented approach.
- Professional work ethic and ability to maintain good working relationships with others at all levels of the organization.
Job Details Company Name : Alaska Airlines Location : Seattle, WA, USA Job Type : Full-Time