Website Baptist Health System KY & IN
Looking for a new career opportunity in food service management? Baptist Health System KY & IN is currently recruiting for a Food Services Supervisor position in Louisville, KY.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the food service department and ensuring that all food is prepared and served to the highest standards. If you have experience in food service management and are looking to join a leading healthcare organization, don’t miss this opportunity to apply.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the selection and orientation of employees and oversee the training of staff in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures proper staffing is scheduled and/or available to perform daily activities in areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates and oversees that daily and weekly activities/tasks are performed by staff in areas of responsibility.
- Develops and posts employees’ schedules according to the department’s policy.
- Updates and communicates job-flow changes of positions in areas of responsibility as applicable.
- Evaluates, mentor, and discipline patient services employees as applicable and according to departmental policy.
- Ensures that the department is properly opened and closed per departmental security policies.
- Communicates any patient-related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Interacts with Nursing to ensure patients’ food needs are met.
- Exhibits a pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude toward employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Visits patients in an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient and customer satisfaction goals by providing quality service.
- Wears name tag identification.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state, and JCAHO.
- Complies with federal, state, and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when receiving, assembling, and distributing food supplies to ensure the quality and safety of food supplies.
- Completes all daily, weekly, or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Utilizes equipment in performing job functions according to the department’s safety procedures.
- Follows facility, department, safety policies, and procedures to include incident reporting.
- Follows facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures.
- Follows the facility’s protocols for Hazardous Materials and Waste Program.
- Adheres to Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills as appropriate.
- Adheres to Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate.
- Responds to utility failures following department guidelines and adheres to Lock-out/Tag-out policies where appropriate.
- Cooks and otherwise prepares foods by utilizing approved recipes and following prescribed production standards to ensure the quality and consistency of the product’s taste and presentation. Ensures all deadlines are met in food production based on production orders.
- Properly stores foods in designated areas following all corporate, State, and Federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring proper food handling, presentation, portion control, and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and accurately explains this to associates and customers
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak production and service hours.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs, as appropriate.
- Reads and complies with all policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
Q: What are the educational qualifications needed to apply for this job?
A: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred. A graduate of a food service supervisor’s course, an associate degree in food service administration, food management, institutional management, or equivalent supervisory experience is required.
Q: What experience is needed for this job?
A: Two years of experience in a quality, high-volume, food service operation subsequent to prescribed training is preferred.
Q: Where is this job located?
A: This job is located in Louisville, KY.
Conclusion: If you meet the education and experience requirements and are interested in being part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork, and innovation, we encourage you to apply for this food services supervisor position at Baptist Health System in Louisville, KY.
Employees will also be expected to comply with the organization’s infectious disease and vaccination policies.