Website Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
Looking for a job opportunity in Talihina, OK? The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma is currently recruiting for a Food Service Worker position.
This is a great opportunity to join a team dedicated to providing top-quality food and service to the community. Apply today to join the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma team and make a difference in your community!
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide food service that meets SOP standards for ingredient quantity, quality, safety, and consistency. Maintain knowledge of all product offerings. Ensure fast and friendly service with all food prepared according to standards.
- Prepare food items per menu and recipes mixing and measuring ingredients according to the recipe, using a variety of ingredients and kitchen tools, utensils, and equipment
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles to obtain the best results.
- Clean and sanitize work area and food preparation equipment; wash and dry dishes and other cooking utensils used in preparing food according to standards.
- Store food in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of time and temperature requirements and food spoilage; document temperature readings on required logs.
- Prepare all guest orders correctly and in a timely manner.
- Serve meals to guests using Guest Service Standards to achieve the ultimate guest experience.
- Comply with food and store safety programs and behaviors to minimize employee and guest injury and illness including hand washing, sanitation, food handling/storage, and time and temperature controls.
- Receive products from vendors following receiving procedures. Accurately documents bad merchandise/write-offs per Travel Plaza policy.
- This position requires physical maintenance and sanitation of the facility; therefore Food Workers are to maintain the facility by being interactive and hands-on with all cleaning, maintenance, and sanitation procedures.
Q: What are the education qualifications needed to apply?
A: The minimum education requirement for this job is a high school diploma or GED. However, having a ServSafe certification is preferred.
Q: What is the location of the job?
A: The job is located at the Talihina Travel Plaza in Talihina, Oklahoma.
Conclusion: This job opportunity is a great way to gain experience in the food service industry and earn a competitive pay rate of $12.50/hr.
If you meet the minimum education requirements and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs and be on your feet for 6 hours per shift, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity.