Website Bassett Healthcare Network
Looking for a job opportunity in Cooperstown, NY? Bassett Healthcare Network is currently recruiting for a Food Service Worker position. Learn more about the responsibilities and requirements for this role and how to apply now.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- The Food Service Worker will develop and maintain 100% of the time excellent communication skills with patients, customers, and coworkers.
- The Food Service Worker will respond to patient and customer issues and concerns in a timely manner as observed by Food Service Department Supervisors and feedback from other staff.
- The Food Service Worker assesses the needs of the customer and delivers products to meet these needs as reflected on the biAnnually retail surveys and random customer interviews by the supervisor.
- The Food Service Worker records food temperatures during meal hours and takes action when temperatures are not to standards
- The Food Service Worker respects and uses equipment appropriately 100 % of the time as observed by Food Service Department Supervisors and feedback from other staff.
- Will train new employees in the correct manner of workflows as observed by the supervisor.
- Will clean and stock immediate work area before leaving at end of the shift as observed by lead or supervisor.
- Ensures excellent customer service.
- Will present a professional courteous manner 100 % of the time when dealing with patients, physicians, visitors, and staff as observed by Food Service Department Supervisors and feedback from other staff. Any exceptions are to be reported to the Food Service Department Supervisors and/or Manager.
What are the educational qualifications needed to apply?
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Is language proficiency necessary for this role?
Excellent verbal and communication skills are required.
What benefits and perks are offered?
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance and disability protection, retirement benefits, and more.
The job description also mentions that there is a $10,000 sign-on bonus available (eligibility requirements apply).
Are there any specific duties and responsibilities for this role?
Duties and responsibilities include working full time, various shifts, and weekends, providing excellent customer service, developing and maintaining excellent communication skills with patients, customers, and coworkers, assessing the needs of customers and delivering products to meet those needs, and recording food temperatures during meal hours.
Respecting and using equipment appropriately, training new employees, cleaning and stocking the work area, and presenting in a professional and courteous manner when interacting with patients, physicians, visitors, and staff.
Conclusion: If you are looking to make a positive impact on the health of patients and want to work in an innovative and patient-focused culture, this food service worker role at Bassett Healthcare Network may be a great fit for you.
With excellent benefits and a sign-on bonus available, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Plus, as a recently named Forbes America’s Best-In-State Employer 2022, you can be confident in the company’s commitment to its employees and the communities it serves. Don’t hesitate, apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career at Bassett Healthcare Network.