Website Oregon Health & Science University
Looking for a career opportunity in the food service industry? Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) in Portland, OR is currently recruiting for a food service worker.
Join a team dedicated to providing high-quality meals and excellent customer service to the OHSU community. Apply now to be a part of a dynamic and rewarding work environment at OHSU.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Tray Assembly: Sets up station with standard items. Places items on tray according to tray diagram. Works assembly position putting on entrees, starches, vegetables and gravy/sauce OR beverages and condiments OR menus, utensils, hot bases, and dry condiments. Monitors temperatures for entrées, cold items, and soups. Uses proper portion control. Assures trays are complete. Runs for items as directed by checker or manager. Cleans work station.
- Dish room work: Runs dishes through dish machine, cleans dish machine, sorts trays, separates permanent service ware, trash, recycling, food and food soiled paper for compost, cleans scraping table and work area OR catches and sorts clean dishes from dish machine, cleans dish room, sweeps catching area of dish room.
- Delivery/Transport: Load trays into meal carts as needed; assures trays are complete before loading; obtains missing items; keeps carts lined up; adds par stock and nourishments to carts for delivery. Deliver meal carts, late trays or requested items (including nourishments) to nursing units in a timely and efficient manner; communicates with Room Service Associates and unit staff using the Vocera system to ensure timely delivery of trays. Picks up soiled carts and returns them to dish room.
- Pick-up: Brings back all dirty trays in carts for assigned floors; collects dirty trays from the floor kitchens as needed; picks up dirty trays and service ware when encountered
- Sanitation: Follows department policies and procedures for food safety and sanitation; uses proper utensils; uses gloves appropriately; uses chemicals appropriately and only after being trained; complies with infection control policies and hand washing procedures. Keeps work area clean and neat. Pays strict attention to refrigeration needs of food products. Sanitizes work surfaces and utensils before use.
- Sustainability: Supports sustainability efforts of the Food & Nutrition Department by participating fully in the recycling programs, and separating food and food-soiled paper waste for composting.
- Waste Prevention: Prevents waste using oldest first (FIFO), and preparing only what is needed, and using proper portion control.
- Service Excellence: Fulfills responsibility to organization through performance that promotes the service excellence philosophy.
- Customer Service: Interacts with patients and guests in a positive service oriented manner.
Q: Where is the location of this job?
A: The job is located at the Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) in Oregon, USA.
Q: What benefits and perks are offered for this job?
A: Some of the benefits and perks offered for this job include: eligibility for a hiring bonus of up to $3,000, part-time or full-time benefits depending on the position, coverage for health insurance for full-time employees, and 88% for dependents, discounts on food purchases throughout the OHSU campus.
Differentials for working on weekends, evenings, and nights, multiple retirement plan options, annual raises, employee discounts at local and major businesses, opportunities for cross-training, and interdepartmental growth.
Conclusion: If you are looking to join a thriving organization that values excellence and serves its community with the highest accolades, consider applying for this position at the Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU).
Not only will you have the opportunity to contribute to the assembly and delivery of patient meals, but you will also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks, including eligibility for a hiring bonus, health insurance coverage, discounts on food purchases, differentials for working on weekends, evenings, and nights, and multiple retirement plan options.
Do not miss out on this opportunity to join the No. 1 hospital in Oregon and grow your career with OHSU.