Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Sunnyvale, Check out this Flight Attendant Job vacancy in Sunnyvale from American Airlines Careers.
What We Need From You – Job Application Requirements
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Able to attend up to six (6) weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Be fluent in the Dutch language or another designated language
- Successfully complete a language proficiency screening at a superior rating
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Must present a professional image, may not have visible tattoos, facial, multiple or upper ear piercing, or extreme hair color or style while in Flight Attendant Uniform
- Height and weight must allow for safe operation of the aircraft and may not exceed specific aircraft dimensions (for example, must be able to sit in jump seat and fasten the harness, move throughout the cabin aisle, and operate emergency exits).
- Competent in handling difficult situations, problem solving and complaint resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly reception of all customers
- Work in climates and locations across the globe and work variable shifts
- College education or two years’ customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to make announcements, give emergency orders, and communicate in the English language
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Must be in possession of a valid U.S. or Foreign Passport with applicable VISAs
- Must possess the legal right to travel unrestricted to/from all states and countries that are served by American Airlines
- Travel documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training and employment
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Able to attend up to 6 1/2 weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and, if employed, move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Able to be on call and available to report for duty in your assigned base (reserve duty). Reserve duty may continue for an undetermined amount of years.
What You Have to do as a Flight Attendant
- Able to turn challenges into solutions or alternatives
- Work independently and as part of a team without supervision
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our customers
- Think independently while still being part of a collaborative team
- Respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations
- Follow applicable regulations and work rules.
- Handle a wide variety of situations while in continuous contact with the public, both on and off the aircraft