Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Springfield, Check out this Flight Attendant Job vacancy in Springfield from American Airlines Careers.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- College education or two years’ customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to make announcements, give emergency orders, and communicate in the English language
- Must present a professional image, may not have visible tattoos, facial, multiple or upper ear piercing, or extreme hair color or style while in Flight Attendant Uniform
- Be fluent in the Dutch language or another designated language
- Height and weight must allow for the safe operation of the aircraft and may not exceed specific aircraft dimensions (for example, must be able to sit in the jump seat and fasten the harness, move throughout the cabin aisle, and operate emergency exits).
- Able to attend up to six (6) weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Successfully complete a language proficiency screening at a superior rating
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Competent in handling difficult situations, problem-solving, and complaint resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly reception of all customers
- Must be in possession of a valid U.S. or Foreign Passport with applicable VISAs
- Must possess the legal right to travel unrestricted to/from all states and countries that are served by American Airlines
- Travel documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training and employment
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Able to attend up to 6 1/2 weeks of unpaid training in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, and, if employed, move immediately to the city to which you are assigned as a base
- Able to be on call and available to report for duty in your assigned base (reserve duty). Reserve duty may continue for an undetermined amount of years.
What You Have to do as a Flight Attendant
- Set a high standard and provide remarkable in-flight service
- Work independently and as part of a team without supervision
- Respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency situations
- Think independently while still being part of a collaborative team
- Handle a wide variety of situations while in continuous contact with the public, both on and off the aircraft
- Able to turn challenges into solutions or alternatives
- Follow applicable regulations and work rules.