Website United Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Pompano Beach, Check out this Flight Attendant Job vacancy in Pompano Beach from United Airlines Careers.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Experience in customer service, hospitality, food service, the aviation industry, safety-related positions, social service, healthcare/medical positions,s or the military would be ideal.
- Ability to proficiently operate electronic devices such as iPhones, iPods, desktops computers, etc. for the completion of required tasks during training and onboard the aircraft.
- You should possess and maintain a valid U.S. passport or foreign passport with applicable visas and be eligible to work and travel freely within the U.S. and all countries we serve, without restriction.
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years of college preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English; second languages such as Hebrew, Hindi, Dutch, and German are an asset for language speaking flight attendant positions.
- You will be expected to serve meals, snacks, and beverages as well as to conduct sales of food and liquor in the most caring and professional manner.
- Must possess good physical agility and strength to assist customers: the ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (e.g. lift luggage to the overhead bin; lift window exit), and push and pull heavy equipment (e.g. should be able to push/pull beverage cart up to 250 lbs.).
- Proven effective communication is essential in maintaining order in the event of high-stress situations such as aircraft evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, severe weather conditions, and turbulence.
- Ability to pass vision, hearing, and middle ear function tests, ten-year work history review, criminal background check, physical exam, and drug screen.
- Other requirements as set forth in the Flight Attendant job description.
What You Have to do as a Flight Attendant
- With the most comprehensive route network in the world, United requires our flight attendants to be available for assignments 24/7, including nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and on limited notice. Your ability to work any schedule or shift is crucial.
- Proven ability to work as a team and get along with others.
- Dependability and timeliness are essential to operating our schedule and meeting our commitment to customers.
- You must be ready to fly domestic and international flights, be available for reserve assignments on short notice and be away from your base for days at a time.
- Flight attendants at United are expected to engage directly with customers, possess exceptional interpersonal skills, exercise good judgment, and be able to resolve conflicts with understanding, empathy, and grace.
- Successfully complete a six-week and a half-week safety and service training program.
- Equally important: Have fun, see the world, make new friendships, and explore new cultures all while creating memorable experiences for every customer, every flight, every day!