Website Delta Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Los Angeles, Check out this Flight Attendant Job vacancy in Los Angeles from Delta Airlines Careers. You should be a safety- and service-oriented professional who loves to be on the go, help others, and enjoy variety in your work. You should be excited at the prospect of solving problems and going the extra mile to leave our passengers with a positive experience that lasts long after their flights have landed.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English fluently
- Ability to obtain and keep current a passport and travel documents to freely enter and exit places where Delta flies
- Complete a pre-employment Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test, and comprehensive background check, including a government-required fingerprint-based criminal history record check
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and lifting (i.e., pushing/pulling beverage or food carts and lifting and opening emergency aircraft doors)
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
- Ability to open emergency exits and close aircraft doors weighing up to 60 pounds and use of a food/beverage cart requiring 32lbs of force when pushing or pulling
- Ability to retrieve and store items in the overhead bins which can be as high as 74″ from the floor
- Willingness to accept an assignment to any Flight Attendant base after graduation from training, as dictated by the needs of the operation
- Must be willing to change and adapt to meet the demands of the job, including dealing with scheduling changes on short-notice
- Must be willing to fly both International and Domestic routes
- Must be willing to relocate to or commute (i.e. standby travel) to and from your assigned base location
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
What You Have to do as a Flight Attendant
The idea of joining a company that connects the world and building a lasting career, while enjoying flight privileges that are the envy of the marketplace, should excite you!
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our passengers while providing exceptional customer service, at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Provide assistance lifting and stowing luggage into overhead bins and soliciting assistance when needed
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care (e.g., performing CPR and basic first aid) when needed
- Willingness to comply with our uniform and appearance guidelines, including tattoos and piercings restrictions
- Actively seek to ensure the safety and comfort of customers when an aircraft experiences delays or hits turbulence
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment and ensure safety requirements are met
- Answer questions and assist passengers when necessary, particularly those with special needs
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally or non-verbally) to passengers in the event of an emergency
- Make decisions to address issues keeping in line with Delta policies, procedures, and core values
- Work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish work tasks
- Meet deadlines and manage unexpected changes in a time-sensitive and stressful environment
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.