Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Train Driver? Northern is hiring in Skipton! Our Driver Training Apprenticeship Programme comes with a permanent role and full Driver Training, so no previous experience is required. Join our team and play a vital role in connecting people across the North to work, leisure, and more. Benefits include free or discounted travel and a great pension. Apply now for the Driver Skipton job in Skipton with Northern.
- 2-year Driver Training Apprenticeship Programme with a permanent role
- Full Driver Training provided, no previous experience required
- Responsible for operating state-of-the-art trains and ensuring customer safety
- Work on the frontline as part of the onboard team and alongside station dispatch and control colleagues
- Meet performance targets and stick to timetables
- Classroom-based learning in Leeds or Manchester followed by 2 years of training in the depot
- Work a range of shifts, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays
- Flexibility and ability to live within 45 minute’s drive of the depot required
- Opportunities for growth and progression to management roles
- Benefits include free or discounted travel, employee assistance, generous policies, regular pay reviews, and a great pension
No previous driving experience is required, as our Apprenticeship Programme offers full Driver Training. You will spend your first 16 weeks participating in classroom-based learning in either Leeds or Manchester, followed by a minimum of 2 years of training in our depot with our full support as you develop your skills.