Website Southwest Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Chicago, this Customer Service Agent Job vacancy might be a perfect fit for you. Provides legendary Customer service by handling ticketing, baggage check-in, baggage claims, reservations, information inquiries, and resolving complaints and problems.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Customer Service Agent
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Responsible for providing legendary Customer service to people desiring to travel, use cargo or baggage service by attending to their needs
- Checks in baggage and Cargo. Answers telephone to provide information to callers, page customers, resolve problems or complaints and assist as needed. Handles transactions required to board the aircraft in a timely and efficient manner
- Deals with mishandled Customers as a result of oversales delayed or canceled flights, lost, delayed, or damaged luggage. Resolves such problems quickly and within guidelines established by the Company
- Handles any aspect of ticketing and check-in by operating a computerized point-of-sale system, boarding, baggage service, reservations, and resolving related complaints and problems
- Responsibilities include greeting and handling Customers in a polite and friendly manner. Handles cash, checks, credit cards, travel vouchers, and coupons as forms of payment for tickets. Computes charges, makes changes,s, and balances daily transactions. Is responsible for overage or shortage
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet the demands of the job
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft
- Must present a well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Ground Operations Employee Handbook and Labor Agreement
- Must be able to perform all job functions within a limited space
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone, face to face, and on public address systems
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work on international flights
- Must be able to lift and/or move items up to 70 pounds on a regular basis and repetitively lift and/or move weights of 40 to 50 pounds onto raised surfaces.
- Able to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand ticketing procedures, rules and regulations
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the Customer Service Agent training program with an 80% or greater average and an evaluation period
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel and stand on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms.