Website Delta Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in New York, Check out this Airport job in New York from Delta Airlines. As a Ramp Agent, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customer’s baggage and cargo arrive safely and on time to drive a positive customer experience.
At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Ramp Agent, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by, maintaining professionalism, and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work.
- High School diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency
- Ability to frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds
- Pass a physical ability test
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Possess basic computer skills
- Embraces diverse people, thinking, and styles
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass an extensive post-offer pre-employment background check, including fingerprinting and a criminal history record check required by federal law
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test
- Have strong verbal communication skills
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for a U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Customer Service Agent
- Safely lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo to and from aircraft, in addition to being responsible for on-time connections by guiding incoming and departing aircraft from the gate positions.
- Safeguard Cargo, baggage, and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
- Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
- Repeatedly lift and load baggage onto carts and ensure each bag reaches its destination.
- Operate baggage scanners and computers to ensure baggage and cargo are routed correctly to the passenger’s destination.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.