Website Homeland Stores
Are you looking for a job opportunity in the food industry? Look no further! Homeland Stores in Shawnee, OK is currently recruiting for a Bakery/Deli Combo Clerk.
This position involves working in both the bakery and deli departments, preparing and serving a variety of baked goods and deli items to customers. If you have a passion for food and customer service, we encourage you to apply for this exciting role. Don’t miss out on this chance to join the team at Homeland Stores in Shawnee, OK.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- To create an environment that enables customers to feel welcomed and appreciated by answering all questions regarding products sold in the department and throughout the store.
- To bake products including but not limited to bread, rolls, buns, cakes, pies, pastries, and brownies.
- To wrap/package and sell bakery/deli products.
- To accurately record customers’ orders/requests for cakes and other bakery items.
- Process customer purchases quickly and accurately by the operation of an electronic cash register, scanner, and scale.
- To review the perishable department Communication Board daily for updated materials and follow the guidelines posted for the Sampling Program and intercom announcements.
- Prepare/organize the cooler/freezer/preparation area for receipt of merchandise, verify the merchandise against the invoice, inspect the delivery for shortages/damage and quality, sort cases for stocking or product preparation, and code date all case items in the cooler/freezer.
- To adhere to all local, state, and federal health codes and regulations and to clean department floors, mirrors, cases, tables, cooler, freezer, production equipment, product preparation area, and shelves. Safely use cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- To transport cases to the sales floor/cooler/ freezer/product preparation area either on stocking carts or pallets, open cases, place merchandise in the designated cooler/freezer/case/ shelf/display position/area, check the product code/freshness date and “face/front”/rotate the front row of each display.
- To assure the safety of self, customers, and co-workers by understanding and practicing store safety rules and notifying a supervisor of any potential hazard immediately. Pick up/remove all broken containers, packing materials/boxes from the sales floor or product preparation area immediately.
- To understand the operation, safety requirements, and restraints of a baler, case cutter, pallet jack, intercom, pricing gun, slicer, scales, wrapper, steam table, proofer, oven, convection oven, mixer, bread slicer, fryer, stove, (must be 18 years or older to operate the pallet jack, baler, slicer, steam table, and fryer and other equipment).
- To evaluate product quality in the bakery/deli and move damaged/unsalable and “returnable” products from the case to the preparation area, re-processing the merchandise into a saleable form or marking the product down in price according to markdown policy.
- To check the case and cooler/freezer temperatures 4 times daily utilizing the time-keeping system to record each check.
- Record “out-of-stock” conditions and the time they occur and report to the department manager.
- To replenish/stock: inventory in the deli/bakery area including donut case, cookie case, cake case, other display cases, counter, and display tables throughout the store.
- To perform miscellaneous tasks assigned by supervisors and managers, substituting for absent workers, and performing any additional tasks necessary to provide products and services to customers.
Q: What are the qualifications required for this job?
A: To qualify for this job, you must have a high school diploma or equivalent, be able to stand for long periods of time, be able to lift up to 50 pounds, have excellent customer service skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
In addition, you must be able to follow all local, state, and federal health codes and regulations.
Q: Is this job only for people who have experience in the bakery/deli industry?
A: No, this job is not only for those with experience in the bakery/deli industry. While previous experience is helpful, it is not a requirement for this position.
Q: Is this job only for people who are 18 years or older?
A: No, this job is not restricted to only those who are 18 years or older. However, there are certain responsibilities, such as operating certain equipment, that is restricted to those who are 18 years or older.
Conclusion: If you have a passion for food and providing top-level customer service, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, then this Bakery/Deli Clerk job may be the perfect opportunity for you.
As an employee-owned company, we care deeply about providing quality food choices to the communities we serve, supporting local farmers and producers, and investing in our employee-owners. Apply today and begin your ownership journey with us!