Website Girl Scouts of the USA
Looking to join the Girl Scouts in Oxford, CT? The organization is currently recruiting an Arts and Crafts Specialist to lead hands-on activities and help young girls develop their creativity and skills. Learn more about this exciting opportunity and how you can get involved in shaping the future leaders of tomorrow.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Works cooperatively with the camp administration to coordinate theme-related Arts and Crafts programs to enrich all-camp activities and to facilitate general camp operations.
- Provides orientation at pre-camp training to camp staff with regard to the program goals and availability.
- Participates in mandated pre-camp training and attends all scheduled advisory meetings.
- She/he is responsible for the supervision and care of campers during designated/specific activities and facilitating the delivery of programs within a unit/small group.
- Attends weekly advisory meetings to plan and prepare for campers that require accommodations to enable a positive Girl Scout camp experience.
- Follows Camp Staff Personnel Policies.
- Requests and/or purchases supplies for the Arts & Crafts Program.
- Encourages girl planning in the carrying out of programs, with an emphasis on age-appropriate and skill-appropriate arts and crafts activities.
- Coordinates with the Program Director and unit/small group staff for the arts and crafts schedule of activities.
- Maintains health and safety standards for campers and themselves. Reports accidents and files incident reports promptly.
- Submits financial paperwork in a timely manner to the Camp Director for reimbursements.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the Program Director on camper activities, problems, and concerns.
- Participates in all regular camp activities such as meals, flag ceremonies, all-camp activities, cookouts, opening, and closing days, and papers.
- Requests and cares for necessary equipment and supplies and requests necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Participates in opening and closing procedures of the craft house/area during the camp season.
- Maintains knowledge of emergency action plans and the ability to make immediate life-saving decisions.
- Maintains professional relationships with campers and staff throughout the camp season.
- Submit the end-of-the-summer supply inventory report to the Business Manager.
- Attends one of the three overnights
- Creates curriculum with the guidance of the program director
- Other duties as assigned.
- What are the educational qualifications needed to apply for this job? A: A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Are there any age requirements for this job? A: Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply for this position.
- Is language proficiency a requirement for this job? A: No specific language proficiency is mentioned in the job description.
- What experience is needed to apply for this job? A: The ideal candidate will have experience assisting with the development and delivery of arts and crafts programs, group leadership experience, and organizational skills. They should also have experience working with children and the ability to work with staff and campers to develop and implement Girl Scout programs in outdoor settings, including extreme weather conditions.
- Where is this job located? A: The location of this job is not specified in the job description.
- What benefits and perks come with this job? A: The job description does not mention any specific benefits or perks.
Conclusion: If you are passionate about working with children, have experience in arts and crafts, and are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a mission-driven organization, this could be the perfect job for you. With the chance to assist in the development and delivery of arts and crafts skills, as well as the supervision and care of campers, you will be able to make a positive impact on the lives of the children you work with.
While the job may require some hard work and dedication, the reward of seeing the children grow and learn through your guidance will surely make it all worth it. Do not hesitate, to apply for this job today and take the first step towards a rewarding career in the field of child care.