Website American Airlines
Are you looking for a rewarding career in customer service? American Airlines is hiring Customer Assistance Representatives in Minneapolis, MN. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading airline and make a difference in the lives of travelers. Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with American Airlines.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities
- Greeting customers when they enter the airport or arrive in the ticket area
Monitor the ticket counter area to ensure it is in compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Assisting customers with self-service kiosk check-in and kiosk baggage processing (e.g., printing boarding passes and receipts)
- Servicing and maintaining kiosk machines (e.g., load paper, clean surfaces)
Troubleshooting kiosk technology issues to identify the source of issues or errors
- Communicating with IT about kiosk technology issues that require additional servicing
- Verifying that customers’ carry-on baggage complies with FAA/American Airlines policies (e.g., size, quantity)
- Verifying and clearing travel documents (e.g., passports, visas) for customers traveling internationally (e.g., using the Timatic database available in the kiosk)
- Assisting customers with checked baggage processing (e.g., completing credit card transactions, self-tagging, verifying weight)
- Queuing lines in ticket counter areas based on departure times or type of assistance needed (e.g., special assistance, to reduce the volume of lines or wait time)
- Accepting and activating customers’ self-tagged baggage at the activation station
- Physically moving baggage throughout the ticket counter area (e.g., move checked baggage to the belt, move oversized bags to designated oversized baggage location)
- Assisting customers with checking their assistive devices, sporting equipment, and other oversized items (e.g., verifying adherence to appropriate policies)
- Refer customers to customer service agents when appropriate
Performing clearance and verification of documents at kiosks
- Assisting with the physical movement of non-ambulatory customers as they board, deplane, or otherwise move throughout the gate and larger terminal area
- Assisting unaccompanied minors with boarding, deplaning, or other transportation
- Providing customers with gate information and directions
Q: What are the educational qualifications needed to apply?
A: The minimum education requirement is a high school diploma or GED or international equivalent.
Q: What are the age requirements?
A: Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Q: What language proficiency is required? A: Fluent English language skills are required, including the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Some locations may also require bilingual language skills.
Q: What experience is needed?
A: While previous face-to-face customer service experience is preferred, it is not required. However, working knowledge of Sabre or any other passenger service system and experience working in a fast-paced environment may be beneficial.
Q: What is the location of the job?
A: The location of the job is not specified in the job description.
Q: What are the benefits and perks of the job?
A: Some of the benefits and perks of the job include travel perks, such as the ability to travel to 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across the company’s global network. The job also includes access to health, dental, prescription, and vision benefits, as well as virtual doctor visits and flexible spending accounts. The company also offers wellness programs and a 401(k) program, as well as an employee assistance program and pet insurance discounts.
Conclusion: If you meet the qualifications and are looking for a rewarding career with a company that values inclusion and diversity, this job opportunity at American Airlines may be a great fit for you. With access to numerous benefits and perks, including the opportunity to travel and take advantage of the company’s global network, this job offers a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you contribute to the smooth operation of the largest airline in the world. Consider applying for this job and becoming a part of the dynamic team at American Airlines.