Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Norfolk, Check out this Airport job in Norfolk from American Airlines.
American Airlines is seeking Part-Time Customer Service Agents at the Norfolk International Airport.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Customer Service Agent
- The Customer Service Agent interacts with customers in a courteous, efficient, friendly, and professional manner.
- Promotes and sells air travel to the traveling public or freight forwarders.
- Provides assistance with passenger check-in and cargo acceptance.
- Interprets government rules and requirements for domestic and international travel or cargo shipments.
- Meets and dispatches aircraft within established times.
- Provides assistance to distressed passengers and customers.
- Follows internal/external policies and procedures.
- Depending on airport location this position may work in various weather conditions.
- Due to flight operations, Customer Service Agents work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Protects company property and revenue. Provides for safe travel.
- Possesses the physical ability and dexterity to use motor skills to perform various job-related tasks.
- Uses organizational skills to perform multiple tasks within a limited time period.
- Is self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
- Responds to and assists during security and emergency situations.
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Bilingual language skills are required in some locations
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check, and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable