Website SkyWest Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Palmdale, Check out this Dispatcher Job vacancy in Palmdale from SkyWest Airlines Careers.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, shift work
- Successfully pass FAA background check and mandated pre-employment drug test
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess a current passport or be willing to apply for a passport at own expense
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be willing to relocate to SkyWest Corporate Office in St. George, Utah.
Physical And Other Requirements
- Sitting at a computer for extended periods of time.
- This job posting will have an additional video interview requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.
What You Have to do as a Dispatcher
SkyWest employees enjoy a distinctive and unmatched culture of teamwork, respect, quality, and professionalism, along with world-class benefits such as 401(k) match, Performance Rewards, health care, retirement, and discounted travel worldwide.
- Cancel or amend (121) flights if, in the opinion of the dispatcher or pilot-in-command, the flight cannot operate or continue to operate safely as planned and released
- Monitor the weather along flight routes and at all destinations and alternate airports
- Monitor the progress of flights. Remain constantly aware of the location and status of all company a/c
- Issue necessary information for the safety of the flight
- Prepare flight control releases, and dispatch aircraft and crews
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be highly knowledgeable of FARs, NTSB, HMR, and company manuals