Website United Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Houston, Check out this Airport job in Houston from United Airlines.
Do you find the idea of working at an airport exciting? Would you love to help people get where they’re going? Are you a real problem-solver who can stay focused in any situation? You’re the perfect candidate for a role as a part-time Customer Service Representative for United Airlines.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Customer Service Representative
- Caring for customers
- You’ll also have the ability to transfer to other locations within our amazing network.
- The ability to work any schedule or shift is crucial
- Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport.
- You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours, and have more control over your schedule.
- It is vitally important that our Customer Service Representatives make every interaction a positive one.
- Whether booking reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options, or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool, and collected.
- Caring happens regardless of our customer’s disposition or travel challenges. There will be moments where you will be required to remain calm, positive, and caring even when our customers are not.
- Many routes to success
- Most new hires start as a Gate or Ticket Agent, helping passengers check-in and board, as well as resolving any issues with travel that arise.
- We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 2.5 weeks in the classroom, and 1.5 weeks on the job.
- With experience, you can explore roles in gate services, ticketing, baggage services, international flights, and United Club locations, as well as manager or supervisor roles.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential—we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Comfortable working on computers
- Physical ability to stand and walk for a four-hour shift, as well as lift and handle baggage
Benefits And Offers
- $15.03/hour, with yearly increases (as per the union contract)
- Medical benefits for part-time (20 – 30 hours per week)
- Flight privileges: you and your family can fly anywhere in the world on standby
- Time off: you’ll always have two days off in a row and can earn vacation days based on the length of service