Based in Dubai, the Emirates Group employs over 103,363 staff from more than 160 nationalities. The Emirates Group’s extensive and diverse international portfolio includes the world’s largest international airline, Emirates, and one of the largest combined air services providers in the world, dnata. For the year financial year ending 2017-18, the Emirates Group posted a profit of AED 4.1 billion (US$ 1.1 billion). Within the Group there is a diverse range of businesses that offer a wide spectrum of career opportunities, all of which can be explored through the Group’s dedicated careers website, emirates.com/careers. If You are Looking for Jobs in Glasgow, Check out this Cargo Supervisor Job Vacancy in Glasgow.
Your Duties And Responsibilities as a Cargo Supervisor
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the operational activities to ensure optimal efficiencies and productivity, delegating responsibilities to and controlling subordinate staff and GHA/third party contractors as appropriate.
- Investigate and respond to queries, complaints, and claims received from internal and external customers in an efficient and timely manner
- Update and maintain Cargo Systems in order to provide the requisite customer service information, including rate filing, and facilitate accurate revenue accounting
- Carry out commercial activities as directed by CM and Sales department when operational duties allow. This includes administration, telephone work, and visiting customers.
- Monitor and oversee the service provided by GHA to ensure it is in line with EK standards, and where there are shortcomings, to address these appropriately and timeously
- Review, collate and compile the cargo documentation for cargo uplifted on flights in accordance with local regulations and company policies
- Ensure accurate completion of all post-flight activities including the dispatch of messages, forwarding documentation, and completion of station files. Where required, take appropriate action for any irregularities/ discrepancies
- Supervisory accountabilities:
- Motivate, train, and give feedback to staff to ensure all tasks are completed on time and to ensure a high standard of service is maintained.
- Undertake various administration functions including rostering of staff, completion of performance appraisals, and reordering of stationery as required.
- Act as the senior in charge where no manager/officer is on duty
Who Can Apply For This Position
- Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) with experience in a Cargo Operations environment, including Cargo experience in leading a team.
- Educated to A-Level (or equivalent) with experience in a Cargo Operations environment, including as a Cargo Agent with previous experience in team leading.
- PC-based skills including Microsoft Word/ Excel/ E-mail
- Analytical and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations and currently holds/has previously held a DG certificate
- Knowledge of Weight & Balance procedures and Live Animal Regulations
- Fluency in written and oral English
Job Details Company Name : Emirates Location : Glasgow, UK Job Type : Full-Time