Website JetBlue Airways
If You are Looking for Jobs in El Paso, Check out this Apprentice Maintenance Technician Job Vacancy in El Paso from JetBlue Airways Careers.
The Apprentice reports to the Technician Maintenance Training Liaison. He/she is given guidance and mentorship until the Apprenticeship program requirements are met according to the General Maintenance Manual.
This position observes and performs under supervision all facets of the preventive maintenance and repair of aircraft to ensure airworthiness, reliability, and all technical aspects are documented in compliance with company policy. The Apprentice ensures and promotes safety and security standards in the workplace.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Must be able to obtain a valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate before the position start date
- Knowledge of Maintenance & Engineering systems
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- If an internal candidate, Crewmember must be in good standing (no Progressive Guidance currently and has not been within the last six months)
- Possess and maintain a valid Drivers’ License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets JetBlue Airways insurance standards
- Able to drive tugs, trucks, taxi aircraft, or other company equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively; in both oral and written communication
- Ability to crawl, bend, kneel, climb, and stoop frequently in confined spaces
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
Preferred Experience And Qualifications
- One (1) year of JetBlue experience if an internal candidate
- Knowledge of Airlines for America (A4A) Spec 100 and General Maintenance Manuals
- Ability to work well with others and complete tasks with supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Your Duties And Responsibilities as an Apprentice Maintenance Technician
- Achieve Apprenticeship program completion by meeting set criteria, attending required training, and passing the Technician entry exam
- Perform non-routine/routine maintenance, modification, alteration, and inspection of aircraft in compliance with company and regulatory guidelines
- Keep Crewleader and others informed as appropriate; conveys ideas and information clearly in both written and verbal communication
- Maintain JetBlue Airways’ facilities and equipment as required
- Observe and conduct under supervision; troubleshooting, application, and disposition of Minimum Equipment List (MEL), Configuration Deviation List (CDL), Nonessential Equipment and Furnishings (NEF), and General Maintenance Manual (GMM)
- Under supervision, meet aircraft at transit stations, check aircraft maintenance logs, and respond to discrepancies entered into the logbook