Website Southwest Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Lancaster, Check out this Airline Job vacancy in Lancaster from Southwest Airlines Careers.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work on international flights.
- Must be able to perform the job functions within a limited space and able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or, more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 25 to 65 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Previous airline experience preferred
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be able to observe, and discern safety practices and communicate with Team members verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and squat to position self while working in the designated work areas including aircraft galleys, provisioning vehicles, warehouse/office area, and other designated work areas.
- Must be able to read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or with radio equipment.
- Must be able to read documents, follow instructions, and learn and understand provisioning procedures, rules, and regulations including federal and local security regulations.
What You Have to do as a Provisioning Agent
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Performs job in a safe manner in compliance with Company, contractual and regulatory requirements. Safely drives and operates a provisioning truck in the airport ramp area. Works in the vicinity of and between passenger terminals, aircraft, hangers, jetways, warehouses, and air freight facilities, both indoors and outdoors. As qualified, operates all motorized ground service equipment (including bag tugs, golf carts, forklifts, pallet jacks, and passenger vehicles) assigned by the Company to complete airline operations.
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
- Works in the warehouse, preparing items for stocking and operating forklift and pallet jacks as necessary. Packs and repacks liquor, beer, and wine containers and completes inventory with an electronic device.
- Loads and stores multiple bags of ice for loading onto provisioning trucks. Handles 30 or more bags of ice a day per shift.
- Maintains provisioning truck in a clean orderly manner. Prepares for the provisioning of flights by stocking provisioning trucks with items from the warehouse on a frequent basis.
- Loads unload and services Company aircraft. Transports company material (COMAT) to and from aircraft.
- Prepares perishable items for stocking on aircraft.
- Keeps work area clean by sweeping, mopping, wiping down countertops, and organizing warehouse supplies.
- May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, dirt, and dust for extended periods of time.