Website American Airlines
If You are Looking for Jobs in Akron, Check out this Airline Job vacancy in Akron from American Airlines Careers.
Who Can Apply For This Position
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Previous office/clerical experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to prioritize work, be detail-oriented, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and corporate structure
- Ability to grasp concepts and functionality of specific software and programs.
What You Have to do as a Staff Assistant
- Provides assistance with the preparation of management presentations and special projects as required
- Administers, reviews, and monitors all local invoices through Invoice
- Works and disseminates as necessary
- Troubleshoots and escalates office technology issues, including telephone and copier machines
- Tracks and ensures employees complete onboarding duties, including appropriate system access, assignment of lockers, mailboxes, uniforms, badges, fingerprinting, training, etc.
- Manages employee parking, including permitting and assignments, as required
- Handles payroll processing in Workbrain for management and support staff
- Processes bereavement letters and coordinates local communications and response
- Assists with timekeeping functions, data entry, data verification, reconciliations, and filing
- Maintains employee files, as necessary
- Updates required manuals
- Files and maintains all security related items
- Supports auditing activities as required
- Maintains Station meeting plans, including monthly emergency response
- Accesses and manages various periodic reports, including performance, audit, expense, employee engagement, recognition, etc.
- Acts as backup for various payroll functions
- Manages records for OSHA, safety, etc. (301’s, weekly and annual)
- Assists with budget preparation and reconciliation, including monthly closeout of landing fees
- Tracks and verifies incentive funds earned
- Liaises with CRE/Facilities and vendors to track local projects, as needed
- Leads/direct work with other support staff, as needed
- Performs other duties as required.